Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bradley Manning

I am certain that Bradley Manning's intentions were pure.  I do not think that the Obama administration is persecuting him any more vociferously than any other administration would.  I just think he's getting a raw deal.

It's unlikely that anybody except Manning actually read all the documents he released.  I have seen no evidence presented that anybody in the CIA or any other government agency actually was put in danger by the voluminous pile of mostly unsurprising "secrets" Manning released to Wikileaks.  Yes, some agencies were embarrassed.  Big deal.

The kid is willing to go to jail for ten to twenty, which still seems so totally wrong to me.  Sadly, that's not good enough for the prosecutors/persecutors of Manning.  The kid does not deserve life in prison.  He deserves a parade.

No comments: