Thursday, July 27, 2017
Extra brief briefs
• Tweeting the purge of transgender personnel from the military was both bizarre and absolutely vile — but maybe it's supposed to make up for the impending martyrdom of Jeff Sessions.
• Tr*mp will never find an AG the equal of Jeff Sessions, given that Adolf Eichmann was executed in 1962.
• If the Democrats' "Better Deal" had included single-payer heath care, somebody might have paid attention.
• Popular protest in Poland prompted a veto of "judiciary reform" by Andrzej Duda, demonstrating that marches still can accomplish something, somewhere.
• Sadly, it seems that "somewhere" does not include Turkey.
• Anthony Scaramucci, Wow. Anthony Scaramucci.
• We knew that playing football caused brain damage — now we need data on watching football.