Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Confusion, confusion!

As anticipated, Super Tuesday made no particular difference in the Democratic race. Did Obama do better than expected? That depends on whose expectations you were talking about. One thing this election season is doing, to my extreme delight, is demonstrating the extreme shortcomings (inch and a half?) of the alleged pundits. The goddamned media might as well hire you or me. I don't know about you, but I really think I could do better than the goddamned "pundits."

But what do the data say? Well, the young certainly seem to be lining up for Barack Obama, while we old farts seem to prefer Hillary Clinton. Maybe I shouldn't admit this in virtual print, but I'm pretty sure we elderlibs would, as always, line up at the voting booths to vote for the Dems no matter who wins the primaries.

Those youngsters, however, are far less predictable. Quite a few would be considerably pissed if their "rock star candidate" came in second. Some of them would retreat to their usual apolitical inactivity, but others would remember that John McCain made several appearances on Jon Stewart's "Daily Show."

If the Republicans win the presidency this time it will be, as always, with the full participation of the moron vote. I'm hoping the newly emergent youth vote will be less moronic than that of their elders -- who elected Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and the catastrophic Dubya. Really, let's all pull together. Bear in mind that the difference between Hillary and Barack is less than the length of a pundit's dick.

No comments: