Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ebola

I don't get it.  I don't get the panic, and I don't get the politicization.

Personally, I don't go around touching other people's bodily fluids, so I feel pretty safe.  I mean, if you see a pool of blood or vomit or diarrhea, are you going to stick your finger in?  Granted, the health care workers working with the infected are under greater threat, but as far as I know, none of the Doctors Without Borders (MSF) workers in West Africa have been infected so far, and they've been the most aggressive health providers in the affected regions so far.

I've been giving twenty bucks a month to MSF for years, now.  I feel very virtuous, of course, but I'm still pissed off that the USofA is not directing money to MSF, which knows what the hell it's doing.

No comments: